We work with clients who wish to push boundaries or simply make best use of the space available.
We help you understand all design and layout options available, and advise throughout the process on best practice and how to maximise potential.
As an RIBA Chartered Architect Practice in London we act with honesty/integrity, competency and maintain close professional relationships.
We undertake Continuing Professional Development to ensure continual learning within the office, as well as having a Quality Management Process in place to best manage information production and release.
Architects within Atelierdb are registered with http://architects-register.org.uk/ which demonstrates that our staff have undertaken the necessary 7 years of study and are allowed by the Royal Institute of British Architects to use the title 'Architect'.
01 Initial Meeting
Discuss your needs and budget, prepare survey drawings of existing property
Formulate brief with client taking into account site, budget and look + feel. Create initial concept sketches and plans for development.
03 Concept Finalisation
Following the submission of the initial document and a meeting with the client, the preferred concept is developed. Creation of a 3d model of your space is provided if required. Once you are happy with the concept we will create planning documents and submit your proposal for pre-planning if required and planning permission.
04 Technical Development
The planning drawings are progressed and coordinated to include structural details and construction information.
We follow the RIBA Workstages which can be found at:
Q: Do we have to appoint an Architect for all RIBA workstages ?
Architects can be appointed for some or all of the RIBA workstages. Atelierdb enjoy seeing designs being built out on site, but equally we can only be appointed up to planning, or tender stages, as required by the client.
Q: Do you Project Manage the process for us ?
Architects can be appointed to act as the Contract Administrator on the projects, which is a role relating to the form of contract used on the project. We work with good builders who Project Manage their works - with Atelierdb coordinating key items direct with the client and contractor - cost reporting and advising on time and quality issues. We are well experienced to advise clients on the critical elements required for the project, such as timings regarding delivery and install of kitchens, bathrooms, finishes.
Q: Why should I use an architect rather than a builder or draftsman ?
Architects offer a service tailored to your needs and can provide professional advise throughout all stages of the project, from concept through to completion. We work side by side with our clients to advise and assist at all levels to ensure that the final build is well coordinated and executed on site. As an RIBA Chartered Practice, we help clients understand the whole build process and usually assist from concept to planning, thereafter helping to find the right builder and oversee the works on site.
Hammersmith & Fulham
Kensington & Chelsea
City of London
We regularly work on projects within Wandsworth, specifically Putney Earlsfield Clapham Balham Tooting and Battersea.
We welcome enquiries from all across the UK and actively seek challenging interesting projects.
- professional and attention to detailWe used Atelierdb to design and project manage our kitchen extension. We found David extremely professional and with great attention to detail. The design process was tailored and iterative to ensure we met our objectives wherever possible, and the project management service was invaluable to keep us on track (and sane!) during the building works. We are now delighted with the new living space that it has achieved for us.Zoe Lelliott, Battersea
- extremely pleasedWe appointed Atelierdb to re-design our house prior to a full renovation. We were extremely pleased with the service, David and his team provided many layout possibilities, they were flexible and professional throughout and always had solutions. I would highly recommend them.Jennifer Pitt, Heaver Estate Conservation Area
- support and patienceWe have recently completed our kitchen extension project and I can only recommend David and his team. The support and patience during the design phase was great and the project management and support during the construction has been really helpful. They turned an idea into an amazing living space.Michela Bariletti, Balham
- absolute pleasureIt has been an absolute pleasure working with Atelierdb from the initial planning and design of the project right through to completion. Not only did they deliver on the brief, they managed to exceed our expectations on what could be done to the space (whilst staying within budget!). The entire process remained stress-free thanks to the ongoing communication between Atelierdb and the building contractor, allowing the project to be completed on time and to a very high standard. Highly recommended.danny and lara moody,client, longstaff road, wandsworth
- design excellencethey supported us during the construction process with clear and concise communication. atelierdb have designed a new kitchen/dining/entertaining area which we love and has surpassed our expectationsjames + jennie lavender,client, skelbrook street
- repeat clientwe have since moved into a larger property and project and we are now working with atelierdb for the second time.carol o'gorman,client, killieser avenue + atkins road
- basement mallinson roadwe're very happy with the basement living space which was created as part of a larger renovation of the property. atelierdb helped us focus on the relevant issues at the relevant time and were particularly diligent in administering the building contract.stewart quinn,client, mallinson road